Pages

Thursday, 10 August 2017

Math Time

Math Time
913 - 57 = ??? In maths we have been learning how to take away a 2 digit number from a 3 digit number. The way we have learnt I think is easy and is fast to do. The method is to use addition and subtraction.
This is how we used this method to work out 913 - 57= ?
913 - 57 = 856
57 + 43 = 100
913 - 100 = 813
813 + 43 = 856
Highlighted in red is the adding and subtracting.
I think that this is the best way to work out what an answer to an 3 digit number take away 2 digit number.
Overall I think that this would come in hand when working out something when you do not have a calculator handy.
Please feel free to leave a comment. ( Remember thoughtful, helpful and positive)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.