Pages

Monday, 29 August 2016

Capacity

Today we were learning about capacity  math strategy. The problem we had was Marama is planing a birthday party. She is inviting 11 friends 12 counting her. We need to find out how many 1.5 litre soft drink bottles will she need if they have one drink each. To do this we put water in one of the cups and then did it to the rest  to see how much  1.5 lire bottle can hold. We found out that the bottle can fill 8 and 1 third cups. One "trade purpose" cup is 180 milliliters.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ella my name is Kalana from Waikowhai Primary school I really like the way you shared your learning on your own blog . Maybe next time you should tell us what you thoght what was the answer was going to be.I've done some maths like that too.Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Really like the way that you where able to share your learning about capacity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ella, I enjoyed your explanation of capacity. So how many bottles do you think you will need? You may need extra if someone is extra thirsty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.